2. If you have duly completed the online product warranty registration within 30 days from the date of delivery of the product, then the warranty set out in the terms and conditions below will apply. The online product warranty registration requires you to submit specific information set out in the product warranty registration page, such as product P/N, serial number, date of purchase, etc., failure to provide the required information shall render your warranty voided without notice.
3. The Warranty Card and your original payment receipt entitle you to warranty services set out herein for a period of 12 calendar months from the date of delivery of the product (“the Warranty Period”), provided that the Warranty Card is duly stamped with East Gear’s authorized chop and you have duly registered for warranty within 30 days from the date of delivery. The date of delivery shall be recorded by East Gear’s record system, which shall be conclusive evidence of the date of delivery for the purpose of warranty under these terms and conditions to apply.
4. During the Warranty Period and provided that the product was used under normal conditions, you may contact us for replacement of product which is defective in materials or workmanship (fair wear and tear excepted), save as the following circumstances in which East Gear shall exercise its sole and absolute discretion to determine and East Gear’s decision shall be final, whether to charge a service fee or refuse to replace :
(a) where Warranty Card and related payment receipt are not presented;
(b) where damage, malfunction or failure was caused by unauthorized alteration of product structure or specification as set out in the package and product instructions delivered to you with the product, use of parts/accessories not supplied by East Gear, your negligence or misuse of the product, accidental damage such as shock, impact, dropping, water damage or sand damage;
(c) where the product was not used, repaired or maintained in accordance with product instructions.
In any case, you shall be solely responsible for all shipping expenses, customs, export & import duties and taxes.
5. Subject to the matters set out in clause 4 above, you are entitled to a replacement free of any charges for major failure of the product within 14 days after product arrival at your shipping address.
6. For any request to repair the products beyond the Warranty Period, East Gear shall exercise its sole and absolute discretion to determine, and East Gear’s decision shall be final, whether to accept or refuse your order to repair. In the event East Gear accepts your order to repair, in addition to all shipping expenses, export & import duties and taxes incidental to the receipt and return of product, East Gear will charge you for repairing cost.
7. Save and except for discounted product and customized product, unused product may be returned to us within 14 days after product arrival at your shipping address subject to your payment of all shipping expenses, customs, export & import duties and taxes incidental to the return of product plus a handling fee charged at the rate of 15% of the total price of the returned item, you agree that we shall be entitled to deduct the same from the payment you have already made. After receiving the returned product, a refund after deduction of the aforesaid will be processed within 3 working days via the method of payment originally billed or any other method that East Gear considers appropriate. All refunds are subject to the financial institutions’ processing timelines and you will be responsible for all additional charges imposed by the relevant financial institutions.
8. For return of product under clause 4, 5, 6 and 7 all returned product must be returned together with followings, otherwise your claim or request will not be accepted :-
(a) the original package;
(b) product instructions;
(c) all other supplied accessories in the same way as they were first delivered to you; and
(d) a duly completed and signed RMA form(Please download here)
9. For all other claims for warranty and requests for return & exchange of product, it is a condition that you must fill in the RMA form and submit the same to us through email (email@example.com). Provided that the RMA form is duly completed with all necessary information fully provided, East Gear will normally send a reply to your email the next working day informing you our decision and you agree that East Gear’s decision shall be final. If your return is authorized, we will give you a RMA number and inform you to return the item(s) to a designated location. ANY UNAUTHORIZED RETURN WILL BE REJECTED.
10. The product will be at your own risk whilst in transit to and from East Gear’s designated return address.
11. The Warranty shall be automatically cancelled if the product or any part thereof are modified, tampered with, altered, converted or repaired in anyway by anybody other than the staff or authorized service providers of East Gear. East Gear’s decision to cancel this Warranty shall be final.
12. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, East Gear shall not be liable to the user or any third party whatsoever for any damage, loss, liability (save and except for any personal injury or death) or failure to provide services under this Warranty in respect of any act, omission or negligence of any technician, employee or independent contractor of East Gear relating to the performance or purported performance of any obligations under this Warranty. East Gear will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage. The maximum liability of East Gear under this Warranty shall be restricted to replacement value of the product.
13. This Warranty shall not extend to any person other than the original purchaser.
14. East Gear reserves the right to amend or cancel any of the above terms and conditions of Warranty, Exchange and Return Policy without prior notice. East Gear also reserves the right to terminate the Warranty and refuse to exchange/return the product in the event of any uncertainty or doubt as to the applicability of these terms and conditions.
15. In case of dispute, East Gear shall have the right to make the final decision.
16. These terms and conditions are construed and governed by the laws of Hong Kong.